America’s Global Village, Hanover Park is a dynamic community of about 38,200 residents, conveniently located 17 miles from O’Hare International Airport. Our three TIF Districts, easy access to highways, trains and bus routes, great labor force and AA bond rating make Hanover Park a smart place to do business!
Hanover Park has a strong business-friendly environment, with over 430 businesses and five million square feet of Class A Industrial Business Parks. Located in both Cook and DuPage Counties, and situated in the southwest portion of “The Golden Corridor,” so-named because of its phenomenal rate of growth, Hanover Park is home to several major employers, including Maines Paper and Food, Fischer Scientific, Fuji Film, Insight, Round Ground Metals (RGM), Camcraft and Menards.
Today, Hanover Park celebrates 60 years as a family-oriented diverse community and boasts the youngest residents of any Chicago northwest suburb, with a median resident age of 31. With 215 housing units under construction and another 250+ potential units under review, our community has housing options for millennials and seniors alike.
And with 140+ acres of vacant land available for commercial, residential and industrial development around our train station, Hanover Park offers great opportunities as a great place to live, work and do business!
- Dense Population: 38,210
- Avg. Household size 3.48
- Commercial Vacancy rates reduced from 22% in 2014 to 6% in 2017
- Close proximity to three airports and six major expressways
- Hanover Park Metra train station is second busiest with over 1,482 daily commuters
- One of 32 communities nationally accredited under the “Safe Communities America Program”
- Western Gateway to the new IL-390 Expressway
- Large labor force with dual language skills
- 140 acres of vacant land available for Transit-Oriented Development